Unlock your Mac with just your fingerprint, passcode, or wrist – without even unlocking your iOS device.
MacID requires a Mac with Bluetooth LE (Low Energy) running OS X Yosemite or later, and an iOS device with Bluetooth LE running iOS 8 or later. Please make sure your devices support Bluetooth LE before purchasing MacID for iOS.
• Works with multiple Macs and iOS devices at once.
• Unlock your Mac using Touch ID or device passcode.
• Apple Watch Complications for super quick access.
• Interactive notifications – you don't even have to unlock your iOS device.
• Control your Mac's audio; works with iTunes & Spotify!
• Manually lock your Mac or start the screensaver remotely.
• Auto-lock when you're away from your Mac.
• Proximity waking & automatic unlocking when returning to your Mac.
• 3D Touch shortcuts.
• Notification Center widget; unlock your Mac from anywhere on your iOS device.
• Share clipboard text between your Mac and iOS device.
• Choose between MacID's standard colours or a more high-contrast UI.
• Authorise with Touch ID for tasks like moving protected files to the Trash on your Mac. (Admin accounts only)
You don't even need to open the app to unlock your Mac. MacID intelligently notifies you when one of your connected Macs is woken up, which you can authorise and unlock directly from your iOS lock screen, using either your fingerprint or passcode.
MacID will even notify you when tasks require your OS X password, like moving protected files to the Trash or changing a setting in System Preferences. (Admin accounts only)
You can also play, pause and skip iTunes & Spotify on your Mac remotely, as well as change the volume. Simply long-press on the audio controls to toggle between track and volume controls. Audio controls work anywhere the physical keys would on your Mac.
Ever needed to quickly share a phone number or piece of text between your Mac and iOS device? Clipboard sharing is built right into MacID; share anything up to 4000 characters. And now you can do it right from the Notification Center.
Enable auto-lock in MacID for OS X and your Mac will automatically lock when your iOS device moves away from it. You can even get notified when your Mac locks itself.
Enable Proximity Wake in MacID for OS X and your Mac will wake its display when your iOS device gets near. Then simply authorise from the interactive notification MacID sends you to unlock your Mac, or enable automatic unlocking to have MacID do it for you.
MacID includes a handy Notification Center widget, which will show all your currently connected Macs and give you quick access to lock and unlock them from anywhere on your iOS device. You can even start a Mac's screensaver or share the clipboard; right from the Notification Center.
• Secure: your OS X password never leaves your Mac, and iOS never discloses your fingerprint data or passcode to MacID.
• Trustworthy: MacID doesn't ever connect to the Internet without your consent.
• Simple: designed to be as easy to use as it is beautiful to look at.
• Power friendly: MacID uses the latest Bluetooth Low Energy technology to use as little energy as possible, no matter how much you use it.
• Fast: MacID for iOS and MacID for Apple Watch have been built with speed in mind.
Macs that support Bluetooth LE:
• MacBook Air from 2011 & newer
• MacBook Pro from 2012 & newer
• iMac from 2012 & newer
• Mac Mini from 2011 & newer
• Mac Pro from 2013 & newer
Check if your Mac supports Bluetooth Low Energy by clicking on the Apple menu > About This Mac > System Report > Bluetooth.
MacID for iOS needs to be paired with the MacID for OS X companion app, which you must download from: macid.co/get
MacID was featured as EE's "App of the Week" in the UK, and one of Time Magazine's "5 Apps Not To Miss"!
© © 2015 Kane Cheshire